Our Memory Care Support program is recognized by the Massachusetts Department of Public Health and is one of the first certified Dementia Special Care Units licensed in the State with the newest 2014 Massachusetts regulations.
Our Memory Care Support program offers the following:
- A primary nurse care model which provides direct hands-on care with our residents and brings the nurse closer to our residents for care and service needs. The primary care nursing model also utilizes a twice per day med pass so that residents do not have to be routinely interrupted for regular medications at all hours of the day.
- Our primary care nurse is supported by a certified nursing assistant for further assistance with personal care needs and complemented with our activity department which provides 12 hours of activities on a daily basis to keep our residents interested an engaged throughout the day.
- All bedrooms are 100% private and include 100% private full bathrooms for added comfort and privacy, which improves our residents daily living.
- The residency is small with a capacity of just 14 residents, which enables for further personalized care and services in a small setting.
- The residency has direct access to outdoor courtyard space with a fenced in area for safety and has secured access into and out of the unit.
- The residency has self-contained laundry facilities, den, fireplace, living room, dining room and nursing work space.
- The philosophy of the program is to provide both consistent programming and consistent staffing each day and each week.
- This program is not a one-sized fits all for all stages of Dementia/Alzheimer’s as with the small program. It is developed for those that would benefit from the intense daily activity programming and also for those residents that are not necessarily totally dependent with care. Those residents who are dependent with care may be more suitable for our long-term care residency than as part of our special memory care support program.