Berkshire Place has a small, comfortable Medicare certified skilled nursing and rehabilitation program to provide post-acute recuperation from elective surgeries such as knee and hip replacements or for unplanned events and illnesses for diagnoses such as stroke, CHF, Pneumonia, Diabetes, and other conditions.
Our clinical team is made up of attending physicians, nurses, rehabilitation therapists, nutritionists, social services, therapeutic recreation specialists and are outcome driven to provide the care and services needed as part of your enhanced recovery and work to keep you well as part of your discharge plan home or conversion to long-term care if needed.
Short-Term Skilled Nursing and Rehabilitation stays are typically covered by Medicare and Medicare supplemental insurance or a managed insurance plan following an inpatient hospital stay.
Rehabilitation services include:
- Dedicated, Distinct Short-Term Skilled Nursing & Rehab Unit (not mixed with other
programs such as memory care support or palliative/comfort care).
- 100% private rooms that are spacious and have residential neighborhood views along with 100% private full bathrooms for added privacy and comfort.
- Direct access to outside courtyard.
- Private Dining Room for Short-Term Skilled Nursing & Rehabilitation patients offering three delicious meals over seen by a registered dietitian with menu selection including special diet accommodations.
- Professional licensed nurses on-site 24 hours a day, 7 days a week for personal assistance and nursing care needs including medication monitoring and administration.
- Certified nursing assistants on-site 24 hours a day, 7 days a week for an additional supplemental personal assistance that may be required.
- Rehabilitative therapy including physical, occupational, and speech therapies available 7 days a week in a spacious state of the art gym.
- Individual care plans developed with input from the patient, family, physician and clinical team.
- All inclusive cable television, telephone and computer Wi-Fi access.
We invite you to tour our facility prior to any planned procedures or surgeries to view our accommodations or to speak with our clinical team members to discuss your plan of care and to reserve your spot in advance.
Ask your hospital representative or physician for Berkshire Place when it's time to leave the hospital for any unplanned hospitalizations or if you did not have a chance to visit us, in advance, of your planned surgery or illness. We are confident you will be very pleased with your decision and our small, private environment of care.